Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What does R???L???RL mean?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member soupastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey all!
    This is my first post - I just discovered the forum.
    If anyone could help me out here I would appreciate it.
    I have two super 8 cameras (Canon 518 and Yaschica Electro-8) that have a round nob (tiny) and I can turn it so the dot matches up with a letter R or L or RL or something.
    Now I figured out that one of the functions is for stop action or single frame but I don't know what the others are for.
    I would love to find out my camera has backwinding capabilities.
    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Lil Scorcese's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I could be wrong, but I beleive that R= Run, L= Lock and RL= Run/Lock. These positions affect the trigger of your camera.

    -Lil'S

    ------------------
    Check out Indie Film North http://www.indiefilmnorth.cjb.net

  3. #3
    Inactive Member soupastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey thanks,
    I don't think you are wrong, after I examined my camera closer I saw that there was actually a "1" and not an "L" for single frame.
    But does anyone have any tips or tricks on backwinding film for titling?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Lil Scorcese's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    No problems. Glad you found more treats your camera is capable of. With some models, it never ends. One discovery after another!

    I think you need a EWA or Craven backwinder for what you want to do. Mike covers that a bit on his site, you should read up on it. Check eBay, I have seen these backwinders, but they always list too high, and no one seems to bid on them.

    -Lil'S

    ------------------
    Check out Indie Film North http://www.indiefilmnorth.cjb.net

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •